This is a maintainance release for the DirectFB 1.4 series. It includes a lot of bugfixes and some performance
improvements. There are also some secure fusion fixes, backported from the upcoming 1.6 releases.
Please find in the download section the following releases:
- DirectFB 1.4.16
- SaWMan 1.4.16
- linux-fusion 8.8.1
- flux 1.2.0
For detailed info click on the news title
Changes for DirectFB 1.4.16
- Add DFB_NOALLOCATION result used internally.
- Allow DSCAPS_TRIPLE for windowed primary surface, thanks to Rob McConnell!
- Do not mask out DSCAPS_FLIPPING when creating a windowed primary surface.
- Allow DSCAPS_TRIPLE to be used for windows.
- Fix LowerToBottom()!
- Destroy the window explicitly on Release when interface is from CreateWindow.
- Allow DSCAPS_STATIC_ALLOC to be used in combination with DSDESC_PREALLOCATED
to request that any further Lock() will always return the original preallocated
buffer pointer even if that requires lots of transfers back and forth. Otherwise,
the allocation might be moved to shared memory. This especially requires the
application to correctly use Lock() with the READ and WRITE flags as appropriate.
- add TextureSurface() to the interface definition
- Add run time option "trace-ref" to print messages including stack dump when a certain ref is up/downed.
- Remove early setting of num_buffers to zero, fixing buffer leakage!
- Add PreAlloc() function to surface pool interface to check the surface description
for a supported preallocation, e.g. DSCAPS_VIDEOONLY for a preallocation in an
accelerated pool. This is called on the slave side!
- Add preallocated_pool_id to the surface configuration that is filled by the
slave to indicate in which pool it likes to create a preallocated surface.
Also add more fields to the preallocated entries like offset or phys.
- Add CoreSlave interface for master to call into slave processes. This contains
methods for sending or receiving data, e.g. to or from preallocated memory areas.
Access to such areas is checked against permissions, though the master should be
a trusted process in the DirectFB session :-)
- For preallocated surfaces allocate the buffers during their creation in the
preallocated pool already to ensure this already exists as the first allocation.
- Tweak dfb_surface_buffer_find_allocation() to implement DSCAPS_STATIC_ALLOC and
to avoid locking non-shared preallocated allocations from other processes. It
is possible to create a preallocated hardware buffer from a slave and use hardware
accceleration with this in the master via secure fusion, if implemented by the
surface pool(s) for the hardware accelerator.
- Add dfb_core_memory_permissions_add/remove/check() for management of areas
where the master may read/write within slave memory via CoreSlave interface.
- Put secure/insecure mode into shared memory and fail in slave init when
the configuration does not match.
- In Core_GetIdentity() return local core identity if stack is empty.
- In Core_PushIdentity() if argument is 0, push local identity on stack.
- Use Core_PushIdentity(0) before locking surfaces for actual execution of
software or hardware rendering functions.
- Add new initialize/join calls for surface pools to pass context data.
- Add dfb_surface_pools_lookup() for lookup by ID.
- Implement priorities for surface pool bridges.
- Fix missing return of permission handle in dfb_core_memory_permissions_add()
- In resource manager code don't consult client interface when identity matches ours (master).
- Fix missing Dispatch init for hotplug devices, thanks to Steven (Sheng-Chi) Chang!
- Add dfb_surface_deallocate_buffers() that deallocates all surface buffers, called by unrealize_region() instead of destroying the buffers now.
- When decoupling a buffer being unlocked, deallocate right away.
- Fix assertion in error path of surface creation.
- Add error handler for window object creation, e.g. OOM case.
- Add CSF_SOURCE2_LOCKED to mask for calling dfb_state_update().
- Use new "queue" property for rendering and state setting methods. Except surface setters because of out of order execution with references
being dropped right after blitting from but before flushing.
- Update dfb_gfxcard_check_state to check for full system memory support.
- Replace FusionProperty in gfxcard by hybrid skirmish (simple mutex in secure fusion mode).
- Add fusion_skirmish_init2() with 'local' argument to create a fake skirmish (simple mutex). Improves performance.
- Make CoreSurfaceAllocation a FusionObject.
- Change ISurface::PreLockBuffer() to return a CoreSurfaceAllocation instead of index.
- Replace dfb_surface_buffer_locks() by dfb_surface_allocation_locks().
- Add dfb_surface_allocation_decouple() for deallocating and setting surface and buffer pointers to NULL.
- Use fusion_skirmish_init2() to make surface skirmish a plain mute in case of secure fusion, resulting in greater performance.
- Fix local surface pool (single app) for new surface/buffer less allocation code.
- Deallocate window surface buffers right away when a window is destroyed.
- Fix munmap issue with modified lock.addr by keeping a copy in .handle (shared secure pool).
- Deallocate buffers right away when deallocating a layer surface.
- Don't set owner of layer surfaces until privileges are sorted out better.
- Add dfb_surface_clear_buffers() to allocate/fill all surface buffers (unless new run-time option "no-layers-clear" is used).
- Implement same flipping scheme as in SaWMan.
- force recheck of DFXL_BLIT2 if source2 has been changed
- allow DSBLIT_FLIP_HORIZONTAL and DSBLIT_FLIP_VERTICAL simultaniously in gStretchBlit()
- Add planar YUV smooth scaling, only NV12 and NV21 for now.
- backport various clipping fixes and improvements in the generic software rasterizer from 1.6
- Use RGB accumulators only, adding YUV values does not work.
- fixes for AYUV rendering, FillRect etc.
- optimizations to the generic driver
- Add dfb_gfx_clear() to fill buffer with fully transparent black.
- Get lock state and other items from input device, not via events.
- implement quitpipe also for the hotplug thread.
- Remove bogus assertion from fusion_call_init and fusion_call_init3.
- Implement fusion_reactor_attach/dispatch_channel() for single app mode.
- use s64 instad of int to calculate number of free bytes to prevent wraparound when having more than 2GB free in tmpfs.
- Add fusion_call_init_from() to initialize a FusionCall structure in local slave memory from call id returned by call to master.
- Add fusion_call_get_owner() to get the FusionID of the call creator.
- Add fusion_world_set_leave_callback() dummy for single app core.
- Increase return size limit to 32MB for calls.
- Add fusion_call_execute2() using new linux-fusion 8.3 ioctl.
- Add handling of call payload appended to FusionCallMessage rather than a pointer in the message.
- When MADV_REMOVE is supported use static ftruncate and no longer resize file in brk().
- Provide fusion_skirmish_init2 on single app builds
- Increase main shm pool (e.g. for objects) max size from 1 to 16 MB.
- Replace linked list by hash table for objects, finally, *sigh*
- Add fusion_hash_foreach() working like direct_list_foreach() via FusionHashIterator
and inlined fusion_hash_iterator_init() and fusion_hash_iterator_next().
- Remove unnecessary locking to improve performance.
- Add fusion_skirmish_add_permissions().
- Avoid mmap/munmap on each Lock/Unlock in shared surface pool when being the master. This restores rendering speed a lot for
- Convert two more dfb_layer_activate_context to CoreLayer_ActivateContext, thanks to Rob McConnell for spotting!
- Init host with "" if NULL to fix strcmp crash.
- No DataBuffer_Init_Dispatch when DIRECTFB_BUILD_PURE_VOODOO is defined.
- Add secure IPC to (hardware) image providers.
- IPC: CPP -> C!
- PNG: add libpng 1.5 support.
- JPEG: improve probe to recognize more valid jpeg formats.
- Add preallocPrealloc() implemention in the preallocated surface pool to fill
out the new surface configuration entries for the preallocated buffers before
the CreateSurface call goes to master.
- In preallocTestConfig() check the core identity against the buffer identity
and reject allocation for other processes than the creator of the preallocated
surface. This should not happen though.
- In preallocAllocateBuffer() remove CSALF_VOLATILE flag from allocation to
ensure the allocation will not be removed before the buffer is destroyed.
- In preallocLock() check the core identity against the buffer identity and
reject locking for other processes than the creator of the preallocated
surface. This should not happen though.
- Check for error in DIRECT_ALLOCATE_INTERFACE
- never return an uninitialized value in direct_recursive_mutex_init()
- Add D_UNUSED(param) macro for cancelling compiler warnings.
- Fix surface pool for new surface/buffer less allocation code.
- Choose config with depth buffer.
- Work around crashing glDeleteTextures() by leaking it.
- Force layer pixmap to 24 bit.
- Add dfb_surface_notify_display() calls to primaryFlipRegion()
- Fix broken expose event handling, many thanks to Loïc Yhuel!
- Add loop mode "-l" to be used as secure master for example.
- dfbtest_resize: Add threaded window resizing, surface locking test. Add Read/Write tests.
- dfbtest_prealloc: Add dfbtest_prealloc for testing preallocated surfaces with and without the usage of DSCAPS_STATIC_ALLOC.
- dfbtest_window_surface: Simple resource/reference counting test.
- dfbtest_window_cursor: Add test for cursor flags and per window cursor shape.
Changes for SawMan 1.4.16
- Fix dual source blit arguments for intersections of windows.
- Add SaWMan::IsShowingWindow().
- Add SaWMan::Activate() that sends initial window/process list and enables calls to the manager.
- Fix for send_button_event() with input only windows.
- HW Cursor fixes, e.g. source clipping.
- When adding a window properly lookup the process by identity.
- Fix mixup of dual source blit arguments.
- Shutdown fixes.
- restrict windows to optimize in update_region3 (work around a bug with black
windows when more than two windows were optimized)
- reintroduce update_region and update_region2 (default)
- Add "--update-region-mode=" option which can be 1, 2(default) or 3.
- avoid locking in secure-fusion mode
- Add --enable-trace option like for DirectFB.
- Allow overriding pkg-config by setting DIRECTFB_CFLAGS, DIRECTFB_LIBS and MODULEDIR.
You can find the release in the "Core" and "Extras" tabs on the "Downloads" page.